The Excel with a Mentor (EWAM) Program is a partnership between
Offutt Airman & Family Readiness Center (A&FRC) and
Human Resource Association of the Midlands (HRAM).
The goal of the Excel with a Mentor (EWAM) Program is to facilitate the successful transition of active duty service members into the civilian workforce with the guidance and expertise of a team of industry professionals.
There are multiple ways to get involved and become a volunteer to help advance the EWAM Program. You can become a mentor, join the HRAM EWAM Committee, your company can host a EWAM Social or have a booth at the Offutt AFB & HRAM Career Fair.
Become a Mentor
The EWAM Program is looking for volunteers to become Mentors. We are looking for three types of Mentors to assist our Mentees in their transition into the civilian work sector. You can select more than one area to volunteer in.
- Workforce Readiness (HR Mentor) - Develop and enhance the Mentee’s interviewing skills. The HR Mentor will assist in fine tuning the resume, interview preparation, job search strategies and explanations of civilian compensation and benefits.
- Industry Mentor - Review and expose the Mentee to industry specific job roles, responsibilities and potential employment opportunities. The Industry Mentor will provide education on industry specific news, forums, professional associations and supplementary development opportunities.
- Networking Mentor - Aid in the development of a strategy for cultivating business relationships. The Networking Mentor will educate Mentees on proven techniques for establishing relationships with other industry professionals.
Join the EWAM Committee
We need volunteers to help lead the effort! You can be a Mentor and volunteer to be a committee member! The committee helps establish the foundational goal for the program.
Committee Key Responsibilities
- Organizing workshops throughout the year to educate and acquire new mentors.
- Establish venues for the EWAM socials for mentors and mentees three times per year.
- Tracking the success of mentees who have graduated from the program.
Excel with a Mentor Meetings
Time and dates pending.
Become a Vendor
Get your company name out there with a booth at a Career Fair! The Career Fair is a partnership with HRAM and Offutt AFB. Each Career Fair is open to all Active Duty, DoD Civilians, Veterans, Retirees, Guard, Reserve, Family Members and the Public! All Career Fairs are located at the Bellevue Lied Activity Center.
March 30, 2017 - closed
September 28, 2017