Due to the changes in the workplace with COVID-19, this event has been moved to a webinar via WorldatWork. Details will be emailed from WorldatWork.
SAVE THE DATE for our next course on August 6 & 7 - C12 - Variable Pay
As a WorldatWork Local Network member, HRAM, is able to offer local practitioners networking advantages along with educational and association fundraising opportunities. HRAM’s dedication to enhancing your member experience includes our partnership with WorldatWork to bring Total Rewards certification courses to our area at the highest discounted rate possible.
Accounting and Finance for the Human Resources Professional (T2)
Become a Finance and Accounting Savvy HR Pro and Impact Your Organization’s Financial Health
As a human resources professional, the ability to interact effectively with the accounting and finance departments within your organization is a vital skill. This course provides an introduction to U.S. accounting regulations and practices that will enable you to better speak the language of finance and accounting. You will gain skills allowing you to interact more effectively with these departments and make HR decisions that impact and support your organization’s financial health.
The course will empower you with foundational understanding of the following concepts:
- The key financial components of the annual report.
- The relationship between HR and the finance and accounting departments.
- The measures and processes used to assess a company’s financial health.
- The importance of cash flow to the company and shareholders.
- Methods of financing the business and issues related to financial planning.
This course is designed for the HR professional seeking to gain understanding in the areas of accounting and finance.
Specific areas covered include:
Introduction to Accounting
- This accounting primer provides learning in the areas of governing bodies and policies, major groups of accounts, financial statements, accounting types, financial measures, problems with accounting, underlying accounting principles and the components of the annual report.
The Balance Sheet
- Become a pro at interpreting balance sheets by learning about assets, liabilities, shareholders’ equity, the summary concept, liquidity measures and debt ratios. You will also practically apply your knowledge of balance sheets in a class exercise.
The Income Statement
- You’ll never be intimidated by an income statement again once you learn about revenue/sales, cost of goods sold, gross margin, operating expenses, other income and expenses, the provision for taxes, net income, as well as the financial measures of earnings per share and return on sales. You will also practically apply your knowledge of income statements in a class exercise.
Statement of Cash Flows and Shareholders’ Equity
- Review the statement of cash flows and statement of shareholders’ equity. Focus on the two methods and three categories associated with the statement of cash flows.
- Develop a better understanding of financial measures/ratios, including liquidity measures, debt ratios, profitability measures, funds management ratios and other performance measures. You will also apply financial analysis in a class exercise.
Planning and Financing the Business
- Learn the concepts of financial planning, including the typical planning process, developing business plans and evaluating capital projects. Understand financing sources, including long- and short-term sources and leases.
The Strategic Partnership
- Put it all together in this section covering the critical relationship between HR and finance. Learn about recording compensation and benefits costs, wages and salaries, incentive pay, benefits costs, mandatory benefits, welfare benefits, retirement plans and communication.
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to understand finance and accounting fundamentals. It will empower you to become an asset to your company through your ability to make HR recommendations and decisions that impact the financial health of the organization.
Ready to become a finance savvy HR professional?
REGISTER ONLINE AT WORLDATWORK
*Discounts available for HRAM members. HRAM offers the lowest rate possible. Be sure to note on your registration form that you are a HRAM member.
Course & Exam Package Fees – Includes tuition, course materials and certification exam
| HRAM Member
|| $1,350 USD*
| WorldatWork Member
|| $1,495 USD
|| $2,200 USD
| >>>Register today!
*Other association member price may vary; all pricing subject to change.
*HRAM provides lunch, snacks, coffee and water for attendees.
DISCOUNTS for WorldatWork Products
Local Network Promo Code: The 2020 promo code is LNPROMO2020. This code entitles your members to preferred pricing on WorldatWork products. When used, the code provides a revenue share back to the Local Network Association, HRAM. Please note the promo code does not apply to ALL products. Eligible products will reflect a price reduction when the promo code is used in the shopping cart.